Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution means keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a hosting server managed by a web hosting distributor. There are different classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a glimpse at them. Thus, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you desire to create a blog, mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by particular firms, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are often supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly twisted interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allot the tasks at hand between separate bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting brand is good if you desire to share a vast number of pictures with friends or partners since the service is typically free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your email box accounts. Some distributors provide web site hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you would like to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video generates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to operate as many video clips as you desire without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to possess a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At LA Tech Services, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular content solely.